You must be an emerging poet (having published one full length collection or less) based in Australia to apply for the Emerging Poets Residency.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are open exclusively to emerging poets.
- Travel costs can be covered within Australia only.
- Entries must address entire criteria in the cover letter.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- Poems submitted must be original works written by an individual author.
- Poems submitted must not infringe upon anyone’s copyright.
- Poems that are deemed to be works of plagiarism will be disqualified.
- Visual poems must be accompanied by a 300-word exegesis.
- Entries open 9am Tuesday 9 August (AEST)
- The closing date for entries is 5pm Tuesday 13 September (AEST)
- Red Room Poetry will work with the successful poets to determine the final date of the residency.
- Shortlisted poets may be required to take part in events and media activities.
- Feedback for unsuccessful entries will not be provided.
- Copyright of all poem(s) remains with the poet.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form and attach your:
- Cover letter (1000 words max) addressing the selection criteria below
- Artist biography (100 words max)
- Three recent poems
- High-res headshot
- Show potential for this grant to benefit your creative development. Why is now a good time to be undertaking this residency?
- Provide a proposal detailing what you intend to work on as part of the residency.
- Availability to attend a one-week residency at Moonrise on the River in Bermagui, between May - July 2023
- At least one of the two places is reserved for an emerging First Nations poet.