Poetry Month in the News
'Australia’s poetic landscape is experiencing a vibrant renaissance, and at the heart of this cultural awakening stands Red Room Poetry, the nation’s leading platform for commissioning poets.'
From radio interviews with #30in30 commissioned poets Jazz Money and L-FRESH THE LION, to featured stories in The Sydney Morning Herald, SBS's NITV Radio, and ArtsHub, as well as book reviews of Red Room Poetry’s latest Anthology, A Line In the Sand, there's been a lot of talk about Poetry Month this year!
In a book review for Red Room's anthology A Line In The Sand, Thuy On says, 'A Line in the Sand is a veritable who’s who compendium of Australian poets who have been nurtured by this organisation, and a celebratory showcase of their wares.'
Here's a round-up of the must-read articles on Poetry Month 2023:
- ABC Radio Network, 'L-FRESH THE LION intersects poetry and hip-hop'
- SBS's NITV, 'Powerful line-up of First Nations creatives to impress this year's Poetry Month'
- SMH, '‘Most potent use of language’: Why poetry is having a comeback'
- SMH, 'Think you know what Australian poetry is? Think again'
- ArtsHub, 'A Poem for everyone in August'
- ArtsHub, 'Book review: A Line in the Sand, Red Room Poetry'
- 2 SER's Final Draft Podcast, 'August Is Poetry Month'
- 2 SER Breakfast, 'Poetry Month with Jazz Money'
- Happy Mag 'Red Room Poetry Presents: Poetry Month'