Poetry Ambassadors representing the form
Every art form needs its champions. We've again invited some of the nation's favourite public figures who each hold a deep love of poetry to join our quest to bring poetry to all people during Poetry Month.
We're thrilled to introduce our 2023 Poetry Ambassadors:
- Wiradjuri and Wailwan woman, lawyer, essayist, storyteller and co-founder of Blackfulla Bookclub Teela Reid
- One of our leading spoken word artists Emilie Zoey Baker in collaboration with acclaimed screenwriter Marieke Hardy
- Co-ambassadors and partners, poet Berndt Sellheim and author and disability advocate Tara Moss
- Comedian and host of ABC's Chopsticks or Fork Jennifer Wong
- Much loved First Nations comedian Sean Choolburra
- Renowned Hip-hop artist L-FRESH The LION
- Actor (Rosehaven) and stand-up comedian David Quirk
Throughout August, our Poetry Ambassadors will dazzle with original commissioned poems of their own, writing prompts, and videos detailing their connection to the art form, all published as part of 30in30. They'll also keep us well versed on their socials!
2023 Poetry Ambassadors
Be part of Poetry Month
Want to see what else is on during Poetry Month? Our Poetry Month Calendar is your one-stop-shop for all things happening in August, from our signature initiatives to community-led events.