May 20th 2004
Established poets such as [[David Malouf]], [[Jordie Albiston]] and [[John Clarke]] joined nibs with songwriter [[Mia Dyson]], Melbourne poet [[Lucy Holt]], and ten year-old balladeer [[Annaliese Porter]]. The exhibition was launched in a sonic landscape, with satirical room notes by Johanna Featherstone and original portraits by [[Tonee Messiah]].
Tonee's series of Poet Portraits were sponsored by the NAVA Visual and Craft Artists' Grant, and managed by NAVA with financial assistance from the Visual Arts/ Craft Board of the Australia Council, the Simpson-Michel Foundation and Pat Corrigan.
PoetsView more poets »
View the handwritten poems featured in Fingerprints!
- John Clarke, "The Hunting of the Snirk"
- Miss Jessi, "George Street" and "Girl in the Red Shirt"
- Dimitris Tsaloumas, "Stoneland Harvest"
- Annaliese Porter, "Wolf"
- Lucy Holt, "Noon Swim"
- Jordie Albiston, "Things To Do (Heart)"
- Luke Davies, "Totem"
- Mia Dyson, "Roll On"
- David Malouf, "Bicycle"
- Michael Brennan, "Godzilla high", "The hungers", "Three days here"