This vital force, carried in skin
and within, a genesis of sacred stories
yarns like blood through our veins
~ Nicole Smede from 'Bunada language', the Writing Water chapbook
Elevating the visibility and accessibility of contemporary Australian poetry via cultural placemaking.
Poetic Moments published poems in unexpected spaces – from mangrove boardwalks to parks, zoos, hoardings, and on trains and ferries.
Embracing multiple languages, inventive platforms and artforms, Poetic Moments creates opportunities for all audiences to engage, respond and reflect via poetic provocations and partnerships that connect people and place through poetry.
"Our collaboration with Red Room Poetry has allowed us to move beyond a purely European ‘didactic panel’ approach to site interpretation, and to enhance a wonderful piece of infrastructure – the new Badu Mangroves Boardwalk – through a poetic re-visioning of this extraordinary space."
3 million audiences
- Writing Water: Rain River Reef poems on ferries and in chapbooks
- Shadow catchers exhibition at AGNSW: six poets respond to the photographic collection
- Poetry on The Block: urban poetry on city hoardings
- Guwayu – For All Times: First Nations poems on trains and in poetry collection
- Etched installation of student poetry at Barangaroo
- Dharawal student poems on Illawarra signage with Transport NSW
7.1 million audiences
- Cookaroo Flow: Gadigal poems from workshops embedded in Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
- Punchlines: Poets Play Duchamp: poems featured in performances, art labels and crosswords, Art Gallery of NSW
- Poetry in First Languages: Gundungurra student poems on Southern Highlands buses
- Kaalak Minditj Kaalak, Home Sick Home: exhibition with Lola McKickett’s poems, Art Gallery WA
- MUSE @ Taronga Zoo: outdoor exhibition with poems by Joel Davison and Ali Cobby Eckermann
- New Shoots WA Poetic Trail, Kings Park & Botanic Garden and Perth Festival
- Extinction Elegies: poems on trains with a public call-out with donations for endangered species
2018 and earlier
Partners and Supporters
Australia Council for the Arts
Copyright Agency Cultural Fund
City of Sydney
Billy Blue Creative